Friday, June 8, 2012

The Tunmy Tuck Belt (...PART 1...)----TEMPORARY INSANITY or good product?!



PART 1...........




Want to start out by saying that this is honestly only the second time in my life that I have ordered anything from the TV.   The first time I ordered a straightening flat iron for my hair and I brought it to my hairdresser to check out, she told me it was crap, and I mailed it back…..so maybe that time didn’t even count……who knows?!
So anyways, I’m up at 4:30 in the morning the other day and I turn on the TV.   They are showing an infomercial for the Tummy Tuck Belt, Miracle Slimming System.   The commercial featured real people who were not models or actors and seemed pretty convincing, or is it only because  it was 4:30 in the morning and I technically wasn’t awake and rational yet…..again who knows?
So this is how the belt works.   You apply this special heating gel to your stomach, wear the belt for 10 minutes (it instantly makes you smooth just wearing it, no little bulges or anything!) then take the belt off and the heating gel is now activating and burning the fat as you go about your day.    You are supposed to see results in 30 days or your money back no questions asked.
I want to say that I am a thin person who has always worked out and I guess I look okay for my age, but I now have this little muffin around my waist and I hate it!   I don’t know quite when it happened, but it is there.   It’s a small tiny muffin and I don’t plan on it getting bigger and obviously I want it to go away, hence ordering the Tummy Tuck Belt.
I also want to say that I am not a gullible person, I am actually very suspicious and I don't buy into all these gadgets and other crap they try to sell you on the TV. For some reason, I really liked this product and it looks like it will work.......or maybe it is because it was 4:30 in the fricking morning and I was temporarily insane!
So the belt is normally offered for 3 payments of $19.99 but if you order now they will pay the first payment and you only pay 2 payments of $19.99.   Sounds good to me, so I call.
The phone call…….it is all automated.   First they ask you what size you are and that sort of thing.  Then they get to the payment.   After the payment is when it gets complicated.   They ask if you want 1 or 2 additional belts so you have extras if your belt gets soiled.   Sure I do, but do I have to pay extra?   I’m not sure, I hate not knowing, but I really want extra belts if I can get them for free….what do I do?    I took a gamble and answered that I want 1 extra belt.   Now they ask you if you want a lifetime supply of this magic gel that is supposed to burn off the fat that comes with the initial belt….um….that would be a no! They try to talk you into buying some fat burning supplement. They ask you if you want to buy this special eye and face cream (oh my God, really?)…..that would be a no (even though I have a weakness for special eye and face creams).   Then they ask you if you want to sign up for some special kind of insurance service…. (WHAT!)…..that would also be a no.    Let me tell you that every time you decline the stupid recording comes on and tells you, “Even though I value your decision, are you sure you don’t want to blah blah blah!”….REALLY!, I said no already!
So I go through all the questions and I answer them.   Just want to hang up and then the final words come over the recording, “As a thank you for ordering today we are going to give you paid 2 day cruise for 2 to the Bahamas, all you have to pay is some docking fee or something or other, please wait on the line and you will be connected to one of our representatives……WTF!.....now I’m scared, so I hung up.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha......yes, Automated Systems certainly do suck the big green you-know-what!

    ReplyDelete