Thursday, February 2, 2012


ANIMAL SADNESS………
Crappy crappy day!   Had to take my guinea pigs to the vet today and while driving on the freeway broke into tears, can’t take this drive anymore to the vet without thinking about when I had to put my ferret, Yogi Bear, to sleep…..hits me like a ton of bricks every time!   I will never recover from losing him, it still hurts SO bad!  He was my baby and I went through it all alone.  His death was one of many things that ended for me in that time period, (life as I knew it) the loss of my apartment, the loss of my partner, having to move back in with my mother (who is crazy!), and the list goes on and on.

Then we got a bad report from the vet.   My one guinea pig needed antibiotics and eye drops, but my other one has to have a cyst removed and they do not know what they are dealing with.  They took fluid out of it, but it is undetermined what it is.  So I need to schedule her for a $600 surgery within the next 30 days!   Today’s visit cost me $152!  FML!

Went to the pet store to get litter for my girls after work and visited the dogs up for adoption through this rescue called MuttShack through the Petco in Burbank.    They were all so lovely, but so scared and so thin.  They all need homes and I so wish I could help one (of course, I want to help them all).  My heart breaks thinking of all the animals who are scared and abused out there.  

Then I finally get on FB after a long and stressful day and find out that one of the goats that were recently rescued at The Gentle Barn (where I visit and volunteer) died today after every attempt being done to save her.   Okay, I’m seriously crying now!

Life is so cruel and sad.   Wish I could just delete this day.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so, so sorry DM. There is no "cheering up" for a day like you've had today. Hope tomorrow is better. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cruelty and sadness in this life will unfortunately never go away and hard to hold onto hope for anything good, but I would like to think it's out there. Thanks for your support and I certainly HOPE I have a better day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete